Sunday, August 30, 2009

Learning from the past?

One thing I have come to know is "CHANGE". If you like the way things are, in your life, you must work to keep them the same. Forces around me are in motion constantly. If I want things to stay the same, I find I must work at retaining what I want. Why is it? I want what is right and good for me, and for the most part, I find others want what is right and good for me as well. The difference between what I want for myself is not the same thing others want for me. Therein lies the dichotomy and more often than not the hypocrisy.

For me, more is less. Let me explain. It seems to me the more laws and regulation that others impose on me, the less freedom and opportunity I have. Although I agree, society and people must be governed. I disagree with the amount of governance others have thought to impose on me. I believe when those who came before us arrived in this great new land, they were fleeing an overreaching hypocritical government.

Who are those that say I can keep what I have if I want to? Who gave them the authority and power to even make that statement. You have worked hard for your place in life and made your mark. Out of the blue someone says to you, "You get to keep what you have, if you want". I would have to practice self-restraint, wouldn't you?

No comments: